The Center for Teaching, Learning and Mentoring (CTLM) supports UW–Madison faculty and staff in their continuing growth as practitioners of the complex, challenging and dynamic craft of teaching. One way CTLM does this is through its Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL). WisCEL resources are focused within two active learning classrooms in Helen C. White College Library. WisCEL priorities are to foster instructional excellence and/or innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching by providing pedagogical and technical support resources to instructors teaching in WisCEL classrooms.
Spring 2024 at the College Library WisCEL Site
Current Course Schedule (Spring 2024)
Spring 2024 instruction officially starts on Tuesday, January 23. There are several key areas of activity that have happened or will happen in January in preparation for a successful spring semester:
- The audio system in room 3250 was upgraded in August 2023. This included 5 new Shure microphones, receiver, and amplifier. The new microphones will better support instructors that co-instruct with TAs or guest speakers. The upgrade also allows for an improved set of audio control options within the large 3250 classroom.
- Collaborations with campus partners:
- Curricular Services of the Registrar’s Office to facilitate spring scheduling
- Library Technology Group for instructional technology support and onsite student desk resourcing
- College Library for alignment with other spring semester priorities such as SOAR (JSOAR)
- Meetings with spring 2024 instructors or instructional team to ensure needs are understood and met, as well as providing the opportunity for those that teach in WisCEL to have confidence in the instructional technology within the classroom.
- Onboarding student support staff that are the front line for onsite questions.
Please contact WisCEL with any questions about the spring 2024; opportunities, resources, or collaborations.
Fall 2024 Availability
We have done the first iteration of the Fall 2024 course schedule for rooms 3250 and 3255 at College Library. There are a few standard class times that remain available. Please contact us if you would like to know more or still be considered for fall 2024 instruction.