New COE ALC course applications:
Thank you for your interest in teaching in the 3rd Floor Wendt Commons COE Active Learning Classrooms. You are eligible to teach in these classrooms if you meet the following criteria:
- Only COE engineering courses may apply to teach in COE ALC classrooms in Wendt Commons.
- Applications must be filled out online by the lead instructor of the course, all sections of the application must be fully completed and submitted (this information is used by COE and WisCEL staff to provide you the classroom, technology, and resources that make for a successful active learning course).
COE ALC Course Application Review and Approval Process
COE ALC course applications will be reviewed and approved based on the categories of: Space and capacity usage, technology integration, active learning instructional design and enrollment.
- Early applicants receive first priority and scheduling preference is based on a first-come, first-serve basis and schedule availability.
- Applications will be reviewed and approved by WisCEL and CoE staff to determine best classroom fit and scheduling time.
- To the extent possible we will approve your submitted preferences for room, day and time.
- If there is a conflict with another course application, we will contact you with alternative options.
- We encourage all instructors to submit early applications to ensure timely consideration of their request.
- You will be notified of your course acceptance by email in late December (for fall) or July (for spring).
- Late applications are accepted based on availability and are reviewed monthly on a first-come-first-served basis.
To apply: New COE ALC course applications
Applications are due annually as follows:
- Fall semester applications – December 1
- Spring semester applications – July 1
If you have any problems or questions, please contact WisCEL (email@example.com).